Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 4th Annual NCDC/NFELTP Conference exploring themes on surveillance, epidemiology, risk communications, case management, contact tracing and lot more.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Applied epidemiology: providing evidence for public health action”; it will highlight the great strides in Health Security in Nigeria, and critically assess the impact field epidemiology has had on public health and outbreak response in Nigeria and globally.
The Conference holds 10th-11th September 2019 at Transcorp Hilton Hotel, 1 Aguiyi Ironsi Street Maitama, Abuja, 900001, Nigeria TEL: +234-708-060-3000
- Impart new knowledge and skills and advance public health science.
- Provide opportunities for residents to acquire competence in scientific communication.
- Present evidence for protecting the health of Nigerians and securing global health.
- Disseminate findings of field investigations and scientific research.
- Provide a platform for the exchange of scientific ideas and disease control strategies.
- Enable networking among public health practitioners.
- Provide continuous professional development opportunities for public health officers.
- Advocate to policy and decision makers.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) was established in the year 2011 in response to the challenges of public health emergencies and to enhance Nigeria’s preparedness and response to epidemics through prevention, detection, and control of communicable diseases. Its core mandate is to detect, investigate, prevent and control diseases of national and international public health importance. Learn more.
The Nigeria Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Program (NFELTP) is a two-year in-service training program in applied epidemiology and public health laboratory practice, created to be a long-term program within the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)/Federal Ministry of Health and the Federal Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development. In conjunction with the University of Ibadan and Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria, it trains medical epidemiology residents, public health laboratory residents, and veterinary epidemiology residents for leadership positions in various levels of both the Ministries of Health and Agriculture through a combination of long-term field placements and didactic courses. The program also offers competency-based field epidemiology training to frontline health care workers at Local Government level to improve surveillance and response to priority disease as part of the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) and International Health Regulation (IHR) core capacity requirements. Learn more.