Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates
The West African College of Nursing (WACN), a professional nursing organization and a specialized agency of the West African Health Organization (WAHO) has been in existence for 38 years and stands for excellence to promote and maintain standards in Nursing Education and Practice in the sub-region, WACN has Local Chapers in seven countries with its headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria.
Applications are invited from suitable qualified retired fellows of the College for consideration to this post:
Position: Executive Secretary (ES)
The college seeks for a qualified person to occupy the position of an executive secretary (ES).
Duty station: Lagos, Nigeria
Duration: One year (with possibility of extension)
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The ES heads the college secretariat in Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria and shall be responsible for the day-to-day administrative functions of the college and under the superintendence of the college elected secretary general and college president.
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- Registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, or any of the sub-regional Nursing and Midwifery Boards.
- A retired and energetic registered Nurse or Midwife Researcher/Administrator with current liciense to practice in the country of domicile, including registration No(s), year(s) and practices No(s)
- Fellow, west African college of nursing with full financial commitment to the college, with at least five (5) years post fellowship experience in administration and management of health organization at national / international level.
- Possession and membership of management professional certifications: e.g, Nigerian (Chartered) Institute of Management, British Institute of Management, Chartered Institute of Personnel management, etc.
- B.Sc (Nursing / Midwifery Science or health related/allied disciplines), not less than lower second class degree from a recognized and accredited university.
- M.Sc, MPH, MPA, MPhil/Ph.D (Nursing/Midwifery or health – related/allied disciplines have added advantage)
The Person: a man/woman of integrity, accountable, diligent, responsive and responsible, learn builder, team worker, and team leader, amiable disposition, knowledge and skill of grant writing, ability to lead cutting-edge research and managing diverse human and material resources for the college; proficient in computer, excellent advocacy, marketing and relationship management skills; ability to network and prospect with development partners such as WHO, JPHIECO, UNICEF, UNCSCO, etc.
Attractive and Negotiable
But note that fellows from the entire sub-region are entitled to apply but he or she will take care of personal accommodation in Lagos as the college does not have accommodation for staff at the moment.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should send their scanned curriculum vitae, brief sketch of 500 words on how he/she can make a difference and add value to the college to these email addresses. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com and submit photocopies of their credentials to the college secretariat as stated below on or before Friday, 9th August, 2019 to:
West African College of Nursing
O, Tayior Drive off Edmond Crescent PMB 2023, Yaba Lagos, Nigeria.